Thursday, October 22, 2009

Where in the Burbs is Big South -- 10/22




Hi there Bandits Nation! The past few weeks have been hectic with softball activity and I've been trying to get out to as many of you as I can. Thanks for all of your patience in me getting these blogs up! 2 weeks ago I was at the Thornwood High School meeting the Stone City Sharks, Crown Point Bulldogs, Illinois Outlaws and the Homer Hawks.
The weather was chilly but the softball was hot and it was great meeting everyone there.
Saturday October 17th I was fortunate to be part of the Omega Delta youth banquet.
Thanks go out to Dan Gaichas and Tony Belmontes for inviting me and for a great afternoon.
Everyone with the league should be proud of what you have accomplished for the girls and the best is yet to come as your league grows.
The Bandits look forward to seeing all of you at a few games in 2010.
Before heading to Chicago Saturday I stopped at Sportstation in Tinley Park and talked with James, Fred, Kevin and their staff. If you're in the area stop in and let them know you read about them here.
I handed out Bandits media books from the 2009 season and they have a few there if you let them know you read about them here.
Sunday the 18th I stopped by the NSA tournament in Kankakee and talked with players coaches and parents from the Plainfield Force who won the 10u Bash Championship.
Congratulations to Tony Pusateri and Team OAK 12u on winning their Championship.
Upcoming events include October 24 & 25 in Kankakee at the River Road Sports complex for the NSA Howling Tournament. This is the fundraiser for the fight against Cystic Fibrosis and I will have Bandits merchandise with me.
If you're in or close to the Steger IL area I am going to try and be at the softball clinics Joe Formentini is having November 7 & 8. If you're interested in the clinics they are having let me know and I'll get you the contact information.
See all of you soon as Bandits Nation continues to grow and gets to your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment