Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Where in the Burbs is Big South -- Sept 8





I hope everyone in Bandits Nation had yourselves a great Labor Day weekend.
September 5th found me in Beecher Illinois checking out the Beecher Bobcats girls softball double header. It was a lot of fun talking with players and coaches from the Bobcats and Crete Crush and getting them excited for next season.
Bandits Nation grew with the players, coaches and parents from the Priairie Central Hawks. These girls are from Fairbury Illinois and will bring the excitement and noise when they come up in 2010 to see us play. I also saw the Illinois Outlaws 14u team and talked with their coaches and some of their players. We had some good conversations about softball and look forward to having the Outlaws coming out and seeing us.
Sunday found me at the Sportstation in Tinley Park and talking with Jim Garner. We had a very positive conversation and I'm looking forward to putting what we talked about into action. When you stop in Sportstation let them know you found out about them here and welcome them to Bandits Nation.
Special shout and props to Jessica Walters and Lincy Jones from the Starke County All-Stars from Indiana. They came up and watched the Bandits beat the Thunder and I know how much they loved making the trip: so much so that they gave up going to a tournament to come be a part of the Nation for the 1st time!
There are a few tournaments still scheduled this fall and I'm hoping to see everyone again. You can send me an email (chendrickson@chicagobandits.com) or find me on Twitter and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment