Monday, August 31, 2009

Where in the Burbs is Big South -- August 31


The past weekend found me at the Chicago-land Speedway in Joliet IL where I volunteered a few hours with the Indy Downforce fan club. I attended the Twitter get together before the race as well as the Downforce pre race party and was able to meet some great people as well as Indy drivers like Sarah Fisher, Tony Kanaan, Scott Dixon and others.
The weekend also was great to talk Bandits softball as I saw players and coaches from the Elite team and learning how their season went. I'm looking forward to talking with all of you soon and getting together for your fundraisers and having the Elite come to see us next summer.
I also met Morgyn Edwards, Avery Edwards, Alyssa Tomas and Elizabeth Dodson from the Lone Tree Crushers team. The Crushers are just southeast of Iowa City and are huge fans of Stacy May and the Bandits. We spent a lot of time talking about the Bandits and bringing the Crushers out for a game. These girls and their parents still have a lot of energy and I hope to see them play next spring.
Keep the updates coming for games, tournaments and events you have going on. I'll try to make as many of them as I can and have some fun meeting and talking with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment